Matteo was born in 1986. He lives and works in Venice.
Starting from his first years of university, he slowly develops a deep love for photography, which soon becomes a big part of his life. He gets some first notions from his grandfather and, later, from a starter course, continuing then as self-taught.
Following his great love for nature, he first experiences landscape photography. A couple of years later, a long journey around China gives him the possibility to see a completely different environment from the European one, full of interesting characters and situations, which makes the human being the new object of his artistic research. From then on he starts getting closer and closer to photojournalism and street photography, gradually letting the staticness of landscape photography go. Expressions, gestures, the fervid and lively life of the street and its inhabitants finally become Matteo’s main interests.
In 2014 he is among the founders of InQuadra, an italian street photography collective.
During the past year he started exploring Venice and knowing the city better, from a closer point of view. A new research then starts, for photographing such a reknown and famous place avoiding clichés and stereotypes is definitely a challenge, an inspiration to look for new unordinary details and situations.
PUBLICATIONS AND EXHIBITIONS
– Winner in Street Photography category of ImagOrbetello 2017
– Finalist Brussels Street Photography Festival 2017 – “International Singles”
– Finalist Brussels Street Photography Festival “Single Images”
– Winner in the Street Category of ImagOrbetello 2017
– Finalist StreetFoto San Francisco 2017 – “Single Images”
– Finalist The Miami Street Photography Festival 2016
– Finalist Brussels Street Photography Festival 2016 – “International Series”
– Collective exhibition at Casa dei Carraresi (TV) – 100 Attimi. Fotografia di strada – 2016
– Honorable Mention at MIFA2016 (Moscow International Photography Award) in People-Life Style category.
– Finalist StreetFoto San Francisco 2016 – Categories “Series”
– Leica Talk at PhotoLux Festival 2015 – “The 8 street of InQuadra – the experience of the first year of the collective”
– Finalist Siena International Photography Award 2015
– Finalist URBAN DOTART 2015
– Publication on Agorà di Cult – Dipartimento culturale FIAF
– Publication on ISP (International Street Photography) MAGAZINE – Nov/Dec 2014
– InQuadra collective exhibition. Area8 – Matera – 2014
– Award “Mark of Excellence” – I SHOOT IT.com – Black and White photo competition 4 – 2014
– Publication on DODHO MAGAZINE 2014
– Interview for DODHO MAGAZINE 2014
– InQuadra collective exhibition – Matera 2014
– Mark of excellence “Black and white” I SHOT IT – 2014
– Finalist URBAN DOTART 2014
– Personal exhibition “THE ISLAND” – Murano (Venice) 2014